Morphology of Gorontalo Language


1. Simple Future Tense
Prefixes that are commonly used in the simple future tense are mo·-, mopo-, moti-, motiti'

Example;

wapo
wau ta mohepo oliyo
I will massage him/her
aku yang (akan) mengurut padanya

botulo
wau ta mopobotula oliyo
I will invite him to come
aku yang (akan) menyilakan dia naik

denelo
wau motitidenela to dingingo
I will lean against the wall
aku (akan) bersandar di dinding

tayango
wau tumayango
I will jump
aku (akan) melompat

This will be more specific if the verb is begun with a morpheme -ma

Example;
wau ma motuluhu
I am going to sleep
aku akan tidur

2. Simple Past Tense

In the simple past tense, prefixes such as lo-, loti-,  lotiti-, dan infix -il-, are commonly found.
example:

delo
wau lodelo buku ola:ngo
I brought a book yesterday
aku membawa buku kemarin


balato
wau lotibalata te:to
I lay there
aku berbaring di situ

denelo
tiyo lotitidenela to dingingo
He leaned against the wall
dia (telah) bersandar di dinding

hama
buku hilama Ii kaka
book was taken by brother
buku diambil kakak

Sometimes morfem ma- Is also used to indicate activity in the past
example:
wau ma Iolulade tuladu
I wrote a letter
aku sudah menulis surat


3. Simple Present Continuous 

 For simple present continuous tense, prefixs hemo-, hemopo-, hemoti-, hemotiti dan he- that attach to the verb.

Example:
daha
Wau hemodaha sikola
I am taking care of the school
aku sedang menjaga sekolah
                      
Ti pa:pa daha-daha sikola
Father is taking care of the school
ayah sedang menjaga sekolah

denelo
wau hemotidenela to wolihi
I am leaning on the pole
aku sedang menyandarkan diri di tiang

wau dene-denela to wolihi
I am leaning on the pole
aku sedang bersandar di tiang'.  





Comments

Popular Posts